<VV> Intent or Not

Jim Houston jhouston45 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 15:45:01 EST 2011

My son was coming home from work one night around 11pm and he made a
legal left turn and was hit by a Sheriff (who ran the red light).  There
was another car behind my son and the driver stopped as a witness.
Before anybody else arrived, the deputy driving the sheriffs car told
her to go ahead and leave - she wasn't needed!  Then, when the
investigating team arrived, he claimed he was driving "lights on" and my
son just turned in front of him.  My son (18) said he had a green turn
arrow and never saw the cop - (like he would have missed a police car
full of flashing lights!).  So, we ended up in court.  Based on the
information provided by our lawyer, no tickets were issued.  But, my
son's car was totaled and the county tried to sue us for the damage and
loss of use of the patrol car!  Our attorney "hinted" at a witness and
they dropped everything.  The deputy telling the witness to "go ahead
and leave" is an example of how they use their power sometimes..

Jim Houston