<VV> 3:27 in rampy

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 20:13:26 EST 2011

i am running a 3:27 differential in the rampy powerslide. no huge change in
 fuel economy. i want more poop though , and will do it this winter. the mo
tor is  basically a 95hp with 140 heads , running two carbs with 53 jets
,dual exhaust  , and the tires are 185R80 14 which give speedo readings right
on according  to GPS. it runs down the road just fine , but I want more
accelaration on ramps  to super highways. yes i have spent a lot of tinker time
with distributor and  carbs. i can make it go great with timing advanced ,
but pinging  is  too much (140 heads!) so i will play with it this winter.
mileage is @20+-  if cruising , less with gas heater on, or town  driving.
I use high test at all times. it runs noticeably better in cold dense  air
weather , like turbo's do.
these are things i have DONE , not dreamed of doing.........
i have driven it @3000 miles like this , this summer.
Regards, Tim Colson