<VV> TX seat belt laws

Joel McGregor joelsplace at earthling.net
Wed Nov 16 16:18:05 EST 2011

I'm not sure what a circular pluck is either but I'm sure that's one of the important things they teach you in state inspection school along with what a self-treading bolt is but I'm pretty sure they are both made in Alaska.  I'm assuming it's made of some type of metal since the mfg has to weld it.
Of course you would not be required to have seat belts if your plucks were any shape other than circular.

Looking underneath would be far less likely to damage anything so pulling up the carpet would be the law enforcement way to do it.  I've had them pull up my carpet before.  I wasn't sure why and they wouldn't tell me.

Another interesting tidbit of Texas "law":  You can defend against a child seat ticket by proving you own a child seat.  I guess it doesn't matter if you actually use it.

Sec. 545.4121. DEFENSE; POSSESSION OF CHILD PASSENGER SAFETY SEAT SYSTEM.
(a) This sec-tion applies to an offense committed under Section545.412.
(b) It is a defense to prosecution of an offense to whichthis section applies that the defendant provides to thecourt evidence satisfactory to the court that the defendantpossesses an appropriate child passenger safety seatsystem for each child required to be secured in a childpassenger safety seat system under Section 545.412(a).

(sec-tion and spacing all theirs)
Joel McGregor