<VV> Real compression ratio's (was 102 HP FC Engine)

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Nov 19 16:04:24 EST 2011

Ray,
THE TRUTH is just as you found out. Almost every Corvair engine has an
actual CR that is different from the specs. Just as the advertised  horsepowers
are way high, so are the CR ratings. it was a game back  then....and a
short cut for Chevrolet.

I don't think that anyone has computed the real CRs for each and every
engine. But if you would like to, then start with the Corvair Tech Guide II and
 work from Kirkman's charts.

Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 11/19/2011 1:48:54 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,