<VV> 140 engine codes RB- RM differences?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Nov 25 19:29:32 EST 2011

And Matt wrote:

The cylinder heads have different threads / hole depth  for the temp sensors.... for one

So Seth writes:

I do not agree, Matt. Both in the parts book and by my experience, all 140HP, 150HP and 180HP heads were drilled and tapped for the 3/8-24 thread used on the thermistor. That is why all 140,150,180 heads take a different temperature switch for the passenger side. According to the parts book, all Corvairs except those use one temp switch. Even when used in a Monza or 500, the fine threaded switch was used with the 140 motor. They just left the drivers side threaded hole empty.

I thought that's what I said..in an abbreviated form!!  gg

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages