<VV> Trunk Alignment

grethers grethers at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 26 17:55:32 EST 2011

Just became the proud owner a 65 Corsa 140 ...first since I bought one new
in 65....I'm a novice to the hobby but a Corsa member for 6 years...car runs
strong but has a few cosmetic and miscellaneous issues..the trunk lid closes
but when you turn the key to open it, the safety latch releases but the lock
latch hangs up...have to really  push down on the trunk lid and turn the key
extremely hard to get it to open. both latches work fine with the trunk lid
open.tried adjusting the striker up and down and sideways to get better
alignment but it didn't help..I'm reluctant to move the latch assembly...any
suggestions on getting it aligned properly  so the trunk pops open with the
turn of the key as it should????????......ED  Grether at bellsouth .net