<VV> 1960 motor

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Nov 26 20:08:08 EST 2011

1960 engines can be identified (if original) by the full fin cylinders.
These are desired by some people as there is more cooling surface area.
Being small bore, they are also easily bored out to standard for the 164
cu in use. But, you do have to notch them to clear the larger crank
throws. I've heard a grinder wheel can do this quickly.

The 1960 head is identified by the large, 1/2" or so balance tube
connections.

Also, the 1960 engine has that weird central thermostat, no air flapper
doors, etc.

So, need, yes, but shipping a long distance makes it not needed here for
value received.  Maybe a more local club member can use the parts.

Thanks,

Frank DuVal