<VV> Power Enrichment Needle

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 20:07:03 EST 2011

                                                                   B"H
Hi Ray thanks for responding.  There are 2 needles...one is called the "pump discharge needle" and it's a brass needle that as you say, drops into a bore in the carb body.
The power enrichment needle goes somewhere near the discharge needle, but obviously in a different bore, but somewhere near there.
Stupidly I turned the carb body upside down at the curb to dump out excessive gasoline since I didn't want to stink up my garage (and the house - wife and kids have sensitive noses) but it was dark outside and anything sitting in the carb body after I took the top off, fell out.   Next morning I found the discharge needle and the choke pulloff link, but not the power enrichment needle (I think this was used for '65-66 and was not used for A.I.R. engines).
I ordered a new P.E. needle from Clark's but the diagram is vague as to exactly where it should be installed.
Philosophical question:  Should guys with Adult A.D.D. (and not much work space or time) be allowed to work on cars, especially ones with tiny little parts?  Well, I do enjoy it thoroughly and eventually get things working right, it just takes me 5 times longer and twice the cost!

Thanks...Bill