<VV> 63 Spyder question

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 13:11:19 EST 2011

Thanks Tim and Randy,
     I was a little too brief with my original question so I'll clarify.
I've seen quite a few 63' Spyders with chrome air cleaners but I've also
seen some with black air cleaners.  Someone trustworthy told me (and now
has been backed up by another) that 63's came with black air cleaners.
What I'm really looking for is info on whether all the 63's with the chrome
cleaners were not originally that way, or if perhaps it was a mid-year
change.  I'm guessing it's the former rather than the latter, but would be
interesting if it is a mid-year change.

     It doesn't surprise me that early Spyder owners would get theirs
chromed or install a chrome one, but the funny thing is I've never seen a
62' that had chrome added.  On the other hand, since 63' was the highest
production year for the Spyder by a long shot maybe it's just that I've
seen a lot more of them.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
1966 Corsa 140 coupe (daily driver)
1965 Corsa 180 coupe (under construction)
1965 Corsa 140 coupe (for sale/under construction)
1963 Monza PG coupe (daily driver)
1962 Monza PG coupe (under construction)