<VV> Grease Rear Wheel Bearings

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Sun Nov 27 23:16:43 EST 2011

Plain and simple, the greese fitting is not the right way to grease the bearings.

My good friend Terry Kalp has the J tools, press and shop space neccessary to take the hubs apart. I've done it several times (I still need to follow the shop manual) including a couple that had the grease fitting. Those had plenty of nice clean grease between the bearings and nearly none in the bearings. I know they could have been just needing another filling. I just don't like "it should work" fixes. If I didn't have the facility and/or tools to do the job right, I'd be writing a check.

Ned