<VV> Oil Leak

the.tysons at comcast.net the.tysons at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 17:23:59 EST 2011

Just a belated thank you to all those who responded to my leaky oil filter dilemma.  Indeed, it was the filter and I did manage to make the 90 mile trip without any serious leakage.  Based on member responses, I ordered a supply of the NAPA/Wix filters and will install one when the winter blanket is removed.

I did encounter I somewhat different problem at the end of the riding season.  My '65 is a Monza but I installed a Corsa dash in the early 80s.  Many years ago I purchased the quartz clock conversion from Clarks.  The clock worked flawlessly all these years but started slowing down this past summer.  It finally stopped altogether.  Can these converted clocks be repaired?  It doesn't appear that the quartz conversion kit is still available from Clarks.

All suggestions appreciated.

Rick