<VV> moving vair engine ahead of axle

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Mon Nov 28 20:59:51 EST 2011

 OK, I am no fan of running the tranny backwards, but it would, in the end, be FAR simpler to reverse the engine rotation, should one contemplate doing this. Then you're into just a cam and distributor gear set.

The other is to get one of those rare as hens' teeth reverse R&P sets, where the pinion resides at the tranny end of the case.

Pulling power of the harmonic balancer end just plain looks ugly. Although the marine conversion guys have done this, but mostly to get that end of the powertrain lower in the boat.

John Roberts