<VV> Electric costs for electric cars?

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Wed Nov 30 01:28:46 EST 2011

Until recently, since electric costs are cumulative starting at the
beginning of the billing period, with no regard for time-of-day, electric
costs were no lower in the middle of the night than in the middle of the
day.

In SoCal, KwHr rates start around 8 cents ('tier 1') and I would get into 33
cents per KwHr ('tier 4') in about 10-12 days, so EVERYTHING would cost 33
cents per KwHr, no matter what time it was, day or night.

Now they have 'smart' meters for many customers, not just electric car
owners.

Like home AC units, when it's running, nothing else matters.  A 100W bulb
takes 10 hours to use 1 KwHr, but my AC can use 5 to 7 per HOUR!   That
would take 50-70 100W bulbs.

Does anyone here have an electric car ?   Have you read your meter before
and after charging it up ?  How much did it use in that time.

What does a KwHr cost in your neck of the woods ?

Charlie