<VV> Help - Engine runs worse than before!

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 19:46:37 EST 2011

                                       B"H
Hi Harry.

1.  Readings at the choke pulloffs:  Left carb, rapidly vibrating between 0 and 15.  Right carb:  rapidly vibrating between 5 and 20.

2.  The Corvair beginners book from CORSA suggests putting your hand over the carb throat and revving the engine.  I did that, felt the raw gas on my palm, but when I finished doing it to both carbs, the idle settled down!

It's possible that there is some gunk somewhere in the fuel passages that is blocking efficient gas supply?

I'm probably going to pop for a set of rebuilts in any case, I've heard good things about Grant Young.

Thanks and regards...Bill