<VV> oil press revisited

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 1 08:29:03 EDT 2011

The primary listing was about what I felt was a low oil pressure situation in my
'66 140. Yesterday I replaced the oil pump (.003 clearance) and the pressure
spring (a pain in the ...). Put back the same oil that was in it and
..................an increase of about 5-6 psi at idle.  The gage now reads
closer to 40 psi at 3,000 rpm. These are all cold oil temps. Today I'll replace
the oil and filter and take it for a hot oil test ride. Raining here, may wait
till tomorrow.

 MIKE KOVACS