<VV> CORVAIR ROUNDUP IN MISSOURI

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 3 13:36:24 EDT 2011

Just got home last nite from Excellsior Springs. Had a great time there. These guys certainly know how to throw a bash! Had I believe 63 Corvairs including 1 "shark" (thanks to Terry Kalp) and a Corvair Tow Truck. Surprisingly there were no 1960 models, no Greenbriers, and no Corvans. But just about every other model and years were present. This event seems to be getting bigger each year. I drove 925 miles 1 way in my '62 Monza Wagon and DID NOT win the long distance award. It went to Curt Shimp out of Silver City,NM. 3rd place would have gone to Steve Goodman out of Denver. Mike Dawson and Steve Goodman did a great (joint) tech session. I believe these 2 guys have about 100+ years of combined Corvair experience. And I am happy I did not qualify for the Hard Luck award. Car did great there and back racking up almost 1900 miles in 5 days. I hope to have the same experience in a couple of weeks going to Palm Springs (a little less distance) in my '63 Rampside. I hope to see everyone off this list in California.
Timothy Shortle back in Durango Colorado 81301