<VV> LED lights

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Mon Oct 3 21:09:34 EDT 2011

For a second there I could have sworn you were going to bring "flux
capacitor" into the description...

There's no compelling reason to swap Corvair lights to LEDs, but if you
want to and are willing to do any mods necessary, why not? Bulb life
expectancy would probably last the remaining life of the car.

The Lotus guys I also run with have reported good results swapping dash
lights to LEDs, but anything is an improvement over vintage Lucas electrics.

Mark N

On 10/3/11 3:48 PM, jvhroberts at aol.com wrote:

> 3 watt red LED with a Gaussian radiation pattern on a heat sinked post aimed straight at the lens...
John Roberts