<VV> Squealing noise from engine compartment

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:01:20 EDT 2011

IMO, it looks like alternator bearings are going bad. By the alternating symptoms it looks like the needle bearing (left side) is guilty as the noise is not continuos. Anyways, I'd change both ones. The one on the pulley side is a 6203 (with rubber seals). If the first one is bad, check the end of the field shaft for markings, as the needles run on the shaft.

Go by Harry's instructions first, to be sure on which pulley is the noise coming from.

Daniel Monasterio