<VV> Squealing solved ... another question

Joe White jwcorvair at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 09:35:51 EDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks for all of the replies. I must confess that I was being a bit lazy and had not yet looked at the engine. When I raised the engine cover and looked at the belt I saw the the V-edge was stained brown. I looked at the crank pulley and saw rust in the groove. A couple of minutes with sandpaper on the end of a paint stirrer carefully applied to the running engine and the rust was gone. (I also used the sandpaper on the fan pulley.) No squealing now. I am also going to replace the belt this weekend.

Now to my other question: I have a remote filter in my car. I replaced the oil lines to the filter because they were old and cracked. The hose that I used for replacement are large diameter fuel lines. The hose seems to be too soft; that is, I have to tighten the worm clamps very tight to prevent leaks and the hose gets very soft when I run the engine. I am thinking that I used the wrong hose for the oil lines. At this time I am not looking for braided steel line. Does anyone have a suggestion for better hose to use for the oil lines. I am looking for hose that will not be too soft when hot and will make a tight seal on the barb fittings on my engine.

Regards,
Joe White
Boulder, CO
CORSA, RMC