<VV> Thanks and another question ...

Joe White jwcorvair at aol.com
Sun Oct 9 10:30:17 EDT 2011

First of all, thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions for replacing the oil lines on my Corvair engine. The weather is finally turning cool here so I plan on moving my Porvair into my garage and rework the engine a bit. I plan on pulling the engine and completely reseal it (front and rear main seals, push rod tube O-rings, and so on), add the headers (thanks Gary F for the headers), and install a new clutch (which is actually a high performance VW clutch).

Now for the first question: I need to replace the dreaded E-clip in the PG in my sedan. Does anyone know the size of the E-clip? This is going to be a messy, tedious job and I want to have everything ready for the job before I start.

Second, a more esoteric question: Several weeks ago I wrote that I was going to "restore" my 62 four door and return the interior to, what I thought, was the original Monza bench seat. However, I remember that when I was replacing the interior I saw that the fasteners for holding the bucket seats were factory fasteners. The question is, did Chevrolet use only one floor pan that had the fasteners for any type of seat: bucket or bench? Or did Chevrolet have different floor pans for bucket seats and bench seats?

Thanks everyone - this is a great list.

Joe White,
Boulder, CO
CORSA, RMC