<VV> Remembering " Da Chuckster"

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun Oct 9 19:31:54 EDT 2011

What can I say about Chuck that hasn't already been said?
He was bigger than life, and he had a heart the size of Texas... the first
time I met Chuck face-to-face was at the Lexington convention in 2004... he
 proved then that he was as good as gold by rounding up some muscle and
hauling  my in-op '63 Greenbrier 60 miles to the convention to get fixed, towed
on his  trailer by his Caddy "Buttercup"... he wouldn't accept any payment
for this good  deed... and he, much like a guardian angel, kept an eye on me
during my very  long recovery, and he would send parcels and such my way...
In February 2005 I had the first of 3 surgeries on the broken leg, with
another one just a month later. It was clear I wouldn't be going back to  work
very soon, so we started cutting back on a lot of things... Chuck managed
to somehow to get a network of Corvair friends together and took up a
donation  for me... exactly who all was involved in that gift I may never know,
but all  together it was well over $7,000 he raised out of the kindness of not
only his  heart, but with the generosity of many of my "virtual" friends
here  too. Chuck's kindheartedness is one thing I will remember until  the day
I die.
Saying Chuck was "generous" is like saying the Taj Mahal is "pretty"... an
understatement of grand proportions... and his sense of humor was just a
grand... puns, one liners, anything for a good clean laugh... If you never
got  the chance to meet Chuck, I am very truly sorry for your loss. He was one
heck  of a guy... I count my life so much fuller having known him, much
like many of  you here do as well.
I miss Chuck... I still have his phone numbers in my cell phone, and pass
over them from time to time... it brings a bittersweet smile. He was so
much more than a friend... more of a brother (a much older brother, mind
you)...  and he was always quick with a tip or advice, which was always welcomed
and  heeded.
I wish there were more guys out there like Chuck, but then again, if  there
were, they wouldn't be near as special when you find them...
May our memories of Louis C. Armer III stay strong and vivid in our minds
and our hearts, and prayers out to Ms. Liz and their son Robbie....
God  bless,
Lon Anderson
White Mills, KY... better known on here for the last 15+ years as  "Lonzo"