<VV> Thermostat operating temperature

Davies, Charles (cdavies) cdavies at harris.com
Mon Oct 10 16:44:35 EDT 2011

I am trying to determine if the thermostats are operating correctly.

To test them, I removed the lower shrouds and placed the shrouds in an oven.  As the oven temp increased they opened at about 350 degrees.

During the cool down phase, I have read where some have commented that they snapped closed, these did not. They just gradually collapsed to a closed state. This seen to occur at around 150-200 degrees.

Both thermostats operated in the same way. From this analysis, are they good?

Thanks,
Charlie