<VV> compression test (humor?)

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 12:34:49 EDT 2011

Late model lifters are built to a different standard, and generally
flow less oil and have a smaller range for adjustment. That is why 1
turn in as stipulated in the shop manual may be a bad idea, it may
bottom out the lifter. They are a generic lifter not built specifically
for our engine. I have not had problems, but there have been posts here
and corvair forum where it appears certain brand lifters do not flow
enough oil to the rockers. Using later model lifters may also mean that
the height from base to push rod socket is different making it
absolutely necessary to ensure your push rod length is accurate so you
don't have a rocker pushing sideways on a valve. Want to know more? Go
read the forums.
Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone From: Ramon Rodriguez III