<VV> Oil Filter Leak

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 16 12:40:10 EDT 2011

If you took a Clarks filter off make sure all of it is still together on the old filter. That includes inner and outer rubber seals as well as the metal "cage". All of these items have been observed clinging to the oil filter adapter plate in the past. I look at the old filter on the floor and then using a mirror I look at the bottom of the adapter. If all is correct there, make sure the bolt is tightened to the proper torque spec. And on the new filter make sure the "cage" has not moved out of its proper position which would restrict the flow of oil. Then after you have the leak fixed, after about 50 miles (while keeping a close eye on this area) I go back and make sure the bolt has not loosened up. After going thru all of this I feel confidant using the Clarks filter. I hope this is helpful to you.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado 81301
Getting ready to drive my Rampside 1500 miles to the Toss with a Clarks filter