<VV> LM turbo's and no lower shrouds

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 23 13:36:44 EDT 2011

 Eric- I think your head temps have alot to do with you being at a higher elevation than others. At 8000 ft, the dynamic compression ratio of your engine is approximately 1.5 points lower than at sea level, which would make your engine run cooler compared to sea level operation. Also, the carburetor, because it is getting less air, but the jetting didnt change, gives the engine a richer mixture at altitude, causing the engine to run cooler than it normally would. I do live at sea level, and have a early turbo and know others with early turbo's, and can assure you, 430 degree's cruising down    the freeway at 70mph during the summer temps of 80 degree's IS fairly normal, unless you do something about it.  Kevin Nash