<VV> VIR, We came, we tried, we live to fight another day.

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Sun Oct 23 20:34:32 EDT 2011

Wow! What a story......for everyone involved. We all know there have to be
race weekends like this, sometimes....

When I bought my first Stinger, a '67 in '72, it already had a well-worn and
sloppy throttle linkage and I decided to replace the entire movement of rods
and bellcranks with a marine throttle cable, from an outboard throttle
setup. The car had already been equipped with a four-runner intake and a
Carter AFB. I bought the cable from a marine outlet and they're available in
many lengths, so it was just a matter of measuring for the right one.

It connected directly to the lower connection on the gas pedal and the
throttle hookup on the carburetor. About three or four brackets along its
length held it in place. This one small addition completely changed the
response of the engine to throttle input and I used basically the same cable
setup recently on our Monza SS, since once again, I was faced with a
centrally mounted carb. The GT3 car already has this sort of throttle cable.

Would you consider this sort of hookup on #36? It might simplify maintenance
and lessen the likelyhood of any future damage, if you are caught travelling
in the 'rough'.

Just a thought, Mel