<VV> LM turbos and no lower shrouds

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 24 01:46:51 EDT 2011

>  You may think the cooling is inadequate but I'll bet there are more
>  owners that think the heating is inadequate.

I bet forty years ago, this same group of owners  would be flip-flopped
on this survey.  Face it folks, many of us have "matured" a bit since
driving literally everywhere in a "spirited" manner was typical.

Look at us -- many seem to deem switching from short shrouds for summer
to long shrouds for winter is too much trouble, so they run one or the
other year round and say the "cooling is okay" or the "heat is okay" --
as we know, that is a pile of bull, whether we will admit it or not.

I have been running a Lakewood since spring, shrouds off  (short shrouds
added after the NW Econo-Run to Victoria -- I really needed "some"
heat), in fairly "spirited" driving, and the oil temp gauge was reading
about 220 F most of the time, but now that cooler weather is here, I
find days when the oil temp will barely reach 200 F, and I'm going to
get the full shrouds back on -- no stats planned, yet.  carefully
deflashed, 62 fan, and folded fin.  dino.  need a thermister.

fwiw,

Bill Strickland