<VV> LM turbo AKA "kumquat"

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Tue Oct 25 15:34:37 EDT 2011

Exactly -- I am talking about a stock car used as intended ... even
with maximum speeds of 75 on the freeway ... but not a racing
condition.  I actually overheated my diesel for the first time a few
weeks ago, something I thought was not possible given it's modern
design ... too much trailer and bed full of weight and 110 temps and
along grade at 80 ... it can be done.  Apparently you can abuse
anything if you try hard enough.  I am just saying that a normal
person with a normal stock turbo driving normal street driving does
not need to rush out and tear off his shrouds even in Phoenix,
AZ.  Oils are better.  Belts are.  Ignition systems.  Of course, why
anyone would drive a turbo in Phoenix is beyond me (stop and go in
120 degree heat and no A/C??????).  I prefer my A/C coupe :-) for
down there ... even here in the summer.  E

At 04:49 AM 10/25/2011, you wrote:
>Message: 3
>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:55:17 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Matt Nall <patiomatt at aol.com>
>Subject: Re: <VV> LM turbo  AKA "kumquat"
>To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
>

>I think we are talking peaches and kumquats here.  Driving a turbo on most
>public road you could never keep your foot in the turbo long enough to
>overheat the motor.  Put that same car on Talladega, where you could keep
>your foot on the floor for lap after lap and a stock cooling system would
>probably melt a turbo motor with a stock cooling system.

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

For pictures:  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

(You can see why we love this state :-) )