<VV> Grant Steering Wheel Question

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Thu Oct 27 22:24:24 EDT 2011

Somewhat a long shot, but I have to ask, "are you sure you have the correct Corvair only adapter or a generic Chevy one?"

This is because the generic Chevy adapter will fit (loosley) and turn the shaft (for awhile)  The reason I know this is that I once bought a 66 Corvair because the steering box was "broken"  Got it up on the trailer and home, decided it might be easier to fix it up on the trailer. Was sitting in the driver's seat spinning the custom Grant steering wheel when I noticed the wheel was turning, but not the shaft and nut.  Pulled off the Grant wheel and chewed up Chevy adapter, put on a spare stock '66 steering wheel and everything worked fine.

T. Kalp
Wichita, KS