<VV> Undercoat Removal Tips

Paul Chapman corvairjunkie at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 17:03:42 EDT 2011

Hi Ray, The best method I've used is an old trick I learned in the Navy.Chip it off. Use something like a Mason's hammer or anything with a wide narrow head with a slight edge on it.doesn't take much effort(don't want to beat a dent into the panel. After you get the knack of it the undercoating comes off in good size chips,leaving a "clean"surface. with final clean up with a putty knife or paint scrapper.Just sweep up the chunks of undercoating.No gooey mess to put up with.