<VV> Powershift Transaxle

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 12:43:13 EDT 2011

In a message dated 10/30/2011 2:55:55 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
lechevrier at earthlink.net writes:

I  understand these transmissions are very rare, originally numbering
around a  dozen or less -- anybody ever seen one?

Bill  Strickland

I have seen both of the ones that Jay Eitel had. One was installed in  his
Corvair. The spare was under his workbench. The transaxle was huge. All of
the specific parts I could see had GM parts cast on, as even a  small
production run would have at GM. Jay no longer owns the Jag-Corvair.  He sold it
to a collector in Woodside, CA. I suppose the spare Transaxle went  with it.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA