<VV> Corvair Content Cover art!

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 13:50:52 EDT 2011

As transplanted New Yorkers, moving here to California just before I was
born, my parents left me mostly a legacy of California living. But the one
thing  they left me - and my brother - with a link to their New York heritage
was  a lifelong appreciation for The New Yorker magazine. I am a subscriber
and  reader - and not just the cartoons.

Bruce McCall is an ex-Auto industry illustrator/ad man. Once National
Lampoon artist and now a frequent contributor to The New Yorker magazine. (And,
once in a while, Car & Driver) His automotive background make the cars  in
his illustrations more than just generic. You can always identify the make
and model - sometimes the year as well. He is a self-described stickler for
detail.

The Cover of the November 7, 2011 issue of The New Yorker has a  Bruce
McCall Cover Art with the Falling "Leaves" of tan parking tickets  showering a
street of parked cars. Besides the easily identifiable Cadillac  Escalade,
the Volvo, the VW Bus, the Jeep and a couple of Ford Taxis, a  pretty two-tone
Corvair Greenbrier resides. There is no doubt of the make and  model! A
Corvair on the cover!

Thanks Bruce!

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA