<VV> Problems with a 140 tear down

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca
Fri Sep 2 00:52:08 EDT 2011

Hi Doc,

Thanks - great story and I've spent a week doing just about exactly as you
described with PB but with very limited results to-date. I may be retired
but my time is still worth something so spending weeks on it doesn't really
appeal. Also, it's not really the way I want to start my 3.1 build ( a
"bucket list" item , for sure ! J )

The good news is that the seller has very kindly offered me a replacement
motor to strip and use the pieces I need - case, crankshaft, etc. I'll keep
the 140 heads from this motor and I hope to get everything else from motor
#2. To be fair to the seller and myself, we knew there was exterior rust but
neither of us could have foreseen the extreme interior rust.

Regards,

Bob