<VV> Problems with a 140 tear down

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 11:24:22 EDT 2011

One quick note for you (and everyone else).  I read a scientific review of
penetrating oils and contrary to what seems to be popular belief (at least
around here) PB Blaster is one of the least effective of the lot.

The best "retail" penetrating oil by a good margin turned out to be "Liquid
Wrench", but what is considerably better than even that is a 50/50 solution
of ATF and Acetone.  I've used that since with great success.  Again, this
is all based on an actual test that was conducted scientifically.

Hope this helps at least a little!

PS- you guys have also got me worried, I have a SUPER rusty 140 here (got it
for free) that I've been planning to take apart hopefully just to salvage
the heads, cam, crank, and block.... it is starting to sound like that might
be a whole lot harder than I'd guessed it would be.
--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA