<VV> air conditioning blower

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Thu Sep 8 11:25:36 EDT 2011

Ernest - I can help with this one!  I replaced my AC blower earlier this
year-here is my posting to the Corvair Center Forum with the details.

By the way, the main thing that is special about the Corvair AC blower and
different from the Corvair and most other GM heater blower motors is that the AC
motor and blower wheel rotate Counter-Clockwise.  The other motor will fit, but
then it sucks air OUT of the passenger compartment.

"Searched thru here and my old email pile and found where someone had mentioned
a replacement motor that worked (VDO PM134 or ask for 1995 GMC/Chevy c1500 w/AC)
(OH,please be aware that the non-ac blower on those vehicles is a different
number that turns the wrong way, so don't let them sell you the other one)
$44.95 plus tax."

Note: The PM134 is not an "Exact" replacement. It looks a little different and
the power lead clip is different, but it works perfectly well. It has kept me
alive through 66 days of 100 degree plus weather here in Texas.   You just have
to twist the thing around a couple times to get the screw holes to line up
right and you'll be golden.

Best,

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX