<VV> Porsche Cooling

bernievogler at comcast.net bernievogler at comcast.net
Sat Sep 10 15:18:02 EDT 2011

Ron,
You can be upset, but I think they are right.

I am no historian on things, but I believe, the Corvair was developed in a VERY tightly controlled by "bean counters" time period. It was to be an econo-car, but when it didn't fair well against the competition the development money available for it became very limited. I feel the guiding forces for the Corvair tried to make the best use of the developmental money available to them. Porsche on the other hand was after an entirely different market sector - one that looked for engineering and technology development - that was willing to pay for their product.

Chevrolet, either didn't educate the American public correctly or made the Corvair for the wrong market and did so in the wrong manner. I feel lucky that they made the car at all.

I like my '66 Corvair Corsa,

Bernie Vogler