<VV> crank seal

PETER INMAN monza1965 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 22:35:40 EDT 2011

Have the early bellhousing with the silver dollar. The old seal was installed from the engine side. Came out easy. There was no spacer but before I removed the bellhousing it looked like the seal was in the center area of crank sealing dia. I noticed on the flywheel there was some nicking at the rivits and yes the bottom two bolts did have washers on them. Dont see any problem with the flywheel, very slight scuffing. Do I have to come up with that spacer or can I just install the new seal from the engine side like the old one came out? According to the engine numbers its a 62 FC powerglide engine.
Pete Inman