<VV> crank seal

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 13:16:52 EDT 2011

Peter, the only reason you would need the spacer is if the seal does
not fit on the shaft properly.  I just converted my early 62 to a 64
110 with the lm shaft and the seal still rode on the seal surface fine
so I did not use the spacer. I was told that with the later crank and
gear, the early case may place the seal off the back of the seal
surface or too near the back lip, however, mine was well over 3/32
from the back edge so I assembled the engine without the spacer. It
has 750 miles on it with no leaks.
I have a clarks spacer to sell for half price, if you need it. Mark Durham