<VV> PG neutral safety switch

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Mon Sep 12 23:33:50 EDT 2011

I helped Del Patton convert a 62? PG Greenbrier to 4spd with the later FC
shifter.  When it came time to start it, we couldn't get it to turn over.
We traced the power to the non existing neutral safety switch because he had
changed the dashboard.  We made a jumper and it started right up.

The best story about this van is CNM was having an event at his house a
couple of years later.  Del needed to drop the Powerpack. About 13 of us
volunteered to drop it for him in short order.  We dropped in it less than
an hour.  It would have nice if one of the 13 of us would have thought to
disconnect the speedometer before we let the jack down. It cost Del a Spedo
cable.  If Del and I had been working together or either of us had been
working alone we probably wouldn't have broken it, but it was Powerpack
removal by a committee.

dp