<VV> PG neutral safety switch

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Sep 13 07:51:12 EDT 2011

There is no car damage from starting a PG car in gear.

There CAN be damage to people or things if the car starts in gear and runs
away.

SO, make sure your foot is on the brake!

I used to start my 62 Biscayne 235 six with the PG in Drive. It was while
waiting at stoplights during the first gas crisis. Trying to save a minutes
worth of gas, but shifting into and out of Park/Neutral was a lot of
effort, so I defeated the safety switch and left it in drive.

But. just because I did it, is no excuse in court when you do it and hurt
someone, just warning! Trial lawyers made me put this in.

Frank DuVal