<VV> You know you are old when...

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Sep 15 12:26:19 EDT 2011

On 9/15/2011 11:14 AM, James P. Rice wrote:
> ...you remember party lines and rotary dial phones, gas at US$0.25,
> LifeSavers at a nichel a roll and if you know how to use a slide rule.  And
> seeing your first 1960 Corvair in the dealer showroom.

I have a vivid recollection of the view from the back seat as my father
test-drove the then-new Corvair in October of 1959.  Since Harry Truman
was President when I was born, yes, I know that I am old.

When I entered college, the campus store had a display case full of
slide rules.  When I graduated, that same display case was full of Texas
Instruments calculators.

I drove a Corvair as I entered college and I drove a Corvair as I graduated.