<VV> early suspension changes question

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 17:24:59 EDT 2011

GM never made any changes to the standard early suspension to reduce axle drop distance / camber change.

I believe there were camber limiting straps as part of the early Hi-performance optional suspension.

And the 1964 suspension was revised to reduce the roll stiffness, tending to reduce oversteer, but it did not directly affect camber change or limit it in any way.

Ray Rodriguez asked

<<Did GM make any changes
to reduce the travel/maximum drop of the rear axles (to reduce the max
camber change)?  If these changes were made, why... and were they installed
on earlier manufactured cars at dealers as I've heard some folks claim?>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on