<VV> early suspension changes question

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Sun Sep 18 17:49:30 EDT 2011

These straps were a very simple solution and GM called them- 'axle rebound
straps'.
Years ago, I had a factory-installed pair on my '61 Corvette, to reduce axle
drop.
Our recently purchased GT3 car has a couple made from braided wire, to
control axle drop.
We're using a pair on our SS, because the cut-down rear coils tend to fall
out, when the rear of the car is jacked up.

If I were running an early model in a high performance situation, I'd be
tempted to order some of the original
Corvette straps and employ the correct vintage parts that were used at the
time.
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000050e~Z5Z5Z56162~P61.95~~~~S3BE118DLR17410237589a~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000050x#

Mel Francis
Monza SS