<VV> Axle Jacking

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Sep 20 00:23:30 EDT 2011

> Well, I am so old that I appear to have forgotten what Smitty is referring
> to. The closest I can think of is when my son was in high school doing
> donuts in the HS parking lot with his '61 Corvair and rimmed a rear wheel,
> deflating it and then breaking the transmission. Of course, that was about
> 13 years ago.            Bill
Smitty says, that's the incident I was refering to.  I remembered you
commenting on the rim digging into the asphalt.  Not likely to happen with
the axle parallel to the ground or with the wheel stuffed up into the wheel
well.

While I am on here I might as well correct something I wrote earlier about
going to parades.  I mentioned seeing Soldiers marching in WW2 uniforms.  I
meant to say WW1 uniforms with the pie pan helmets.  And yes I do remember
that.  My dad was Kansas National Guard aand I remember seeing him marching
with his unit in that uniform somewhere around 36 to 40..