<VV> Axle Jacking

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 20 00:37:02 EDT 2011

Warren writes:

I have  two earlies which do not "jack".
The Bill Thomas/Doug Roe car and my  personal 63 Spyder both have large
front and rear anti roll  bars----
"No roll, no tuck"
I think that I have proven the  above by success on the track and
autocrosses.

Warren is right. For most folks in normal driving, they will never  see
that effect. For more "Performance" oriented driving, the first modification
people do for a early (or lates for that matter) is lower them. On earlies,
just  lowering them does strange things to rear camber and toe-in, and kills
the  ride. But it does keep them right side up! Stiffness and extra bars can
also  help. For real competition, just lower it until something is torn
off, then  raise it up a half-inch. <grin>

-Seth