<VV> Engine disassembly

Rodney Sampson rsampson at kc.rr.com
Thu Sep 22 22:17:58 EDT 2011

Tim:
    It's cheaper to replace nuts than studs, so I use a vice grip on the
stud close to the case, then use a torch to
    warm the nut , spray with WD40 while hot and then try to remove the
nut.  Repeat until the nut is removed.
    In all my years of tearing apart engines, I've only had 1 stud that
failed this technique.
Good luck
Rodney Sampson HACOA

Message: 4 Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:22:08 -0600 (GMT-06:00)