<VV> broken crankshaft from towing

tony.underwood at cox.net tony.underwood at cox.net
Fri Sep 23 11:52:58 EDT 2011

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 5:38 AM, Clark Hartzel <chartzel at comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I am surprised nobody mentioned the obvious.  The guy left the car in
>> first
>> gear and the engine was going 12,000 RPM on the freeway!  GRIN
>> Clark Hartzel

All I can add is the question of what sort of remedial IQ is required
for ANYbody worthy of holding a wrench to not take the vehicle OUT OF
GEAR before flat-towing it anywhere.

I'd have thought that THIS would be a GIVEN, and the first and last
thing you check before you walk away from the towed vehicle towards the
one towing it. That, and release the e-brake.

  Oh well... I mean like *I* am a dumb-ass and *I* know enough to do
this before I tow anything anywhere and I do that a lot.   No trailer,
just a tow dolly and/or a tow bar at my disposal, used both more times
than I can remember and I never left an e-brake on or any transmission
in gear.

tony..