<VV> Toe adjust sleeves

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Mon Sep 26 10:15:09 EDT 2011

> Hi folks,
>I am aligning the '66 (I'll post some notes and a photo of the jig later),
>I got the front camber set but I can't get the sleeves to adjust the toe to
>budge.  This car isn't particularly rusty, but they are being quite
>stubborn.  Any thoughts on getting them to move? --Bryan
know what tools you are using to turn the sleeves but pliars, vise grips,
and pipe wrenches are counterproductive.  They all crush inward on the
sleeve, making it tighter on the threaded shaft.  The tool for the job
doesnt' cost but $3 or so.  It hooks into the slot on the sleeve and pulls
the slot open which relaxes the grip on the shaft.  Hope this helps.