<VV> Corvair siting on ABC-TV's "Pan Am" ?

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Thu Sep 29 21:51:13 EDT 2011

Wasn't Pan American Airlines the "air"-line used in "2001-Space Odyssey" too
?

I think they are also using a bit of "MI6" (?) "Burn Unit" and "24" to make
a 60's espionage show plus some 50's-60's feminine-oppression, etc.

The stewardess is a courier/spy for the background-cold-war political
treachery of the era.

The best part is the use of old cars that don't seem to be accurate, but fun
to play "car spy" as they whiz by the screen, trying to find your favorite
Corvair in the background somewhere !

Nice old planes, too, ~ plenty of 707, DC-6 and DC-7, maybe a Connie or two
? Cool vintage planes to watch, if you remember them !

I believe I saw a newspaper headline in one scene that read "November 1961"
but the 707's first flight was 1958.

Charlie