<VV> car dies out

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 30 14:18:42 EDT 2011

How about a new ignition switch?

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of viviandudak
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 1:58 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> car dies out

I have a 65 Corsa Vert 140 4spd., that recently started acting up. while
driving after warm up it just shuts off if I'm stopped just a twist of the
key and she starts right up, if I'm driving I just push in the clutch and
release it and it starts again. Thought it was the coil, but no change,
thought it could be electronic ignition, not so still does it, found some
bad wires on ignition switch along with a burnt ignition plug, replaced the
plug and bad wiring. Thought to look at wiring coming through the body for
bare spots, no such luck everything looks ok no bare wires.  Any ideas?
              Tom
65 Corsa Vert
140 4 spd
the property